There is much debate about how cold car A/C should be.
Taken at the center vent:
50 Degree Air Never Feels Cold Enough;
47 Degree Air feels fine;
42 Degree Air feels quite crisp and is the perfect temperature;
40 Degree and colder Air may feel too cold, especially when cruising.
These temperature reading apply to Front A/C only. In vehicle with rear air conditioning, the rear air temperature readings will be warmer by a few degrees.
1. Initial Temperature should be taken at the Center Vent,
Always use the same A/C settings when taking temperature readings. Temperature will vary widely by changing the controls.
1. Every A/C repair begins and ends a temperature performance test
3. Determine if compressor engages when commanded. While vehicle is idling and the A/C "OFF", use a flashlight to see the front of the A/C Compressor.
Determine and record running gauge pressures, vent temps, and cycling frequency;
Inspect for leaks and residue;
Inspect for fan operation, both mechanical and/or electric;
Evacuate and measure weight of refrigerant; compare with specified amount;
Pull vacuum to determine system integrity; this may or may not be the final vacuum.
Brief vacuum - charge - gauge performance, expect to use micron on final vac;
Final vacuum - measure vacuum with micron;
Acceptable micron reading is 500-600. Lower is better. 700 is no pass.
DO NOT RECOVER UNKNOWN REFRIGERANT INTO SNAP ON MACHINE. USE THE OLD MACHINE FOR RECOVERY OF UNKNOWN REFRIGERANT.
Do not replace the expansion valve on import cars unless a problem is suspected with the expansion valve. . This is a low failure component; the risk of problems and poor performance is greater when an un-necessary exchange is made. Diagnose stuck expansion before changing this part.
Call Our Friendly Knowledgeable Staff Today
EXPLORE OUR LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPS
3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty
We Specialize in Satisfied Customers
21622 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027
1. Call Apex and Get on the Schedule.
2. Bring your Car to APEX.
3. We'll Discover your Exact AC Problem
We Will Help You:
1. Estimate and Understand the Cost of AC Repair;
2. Completely Repair your AC Problem;
3. Make your car blow Ice Cold Air.
4. Stay Cold with a Long Parts and Labor Warranty